According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2002), “a central goal of healthcare quality improvement is to maintain what is good about the existing healthcare system while focusing
According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2002), “a central goal of healthcare quality improvement is to maintain what is good about the existing healthcare system while focusing on the areas that need improvement” (para. 2). This assignment will familiarize you with the quality improvement (QI) approaches and models that health care administrators can effectively apply.
Use the library to access the following book:
Joshi, M. S., Ransom, E. R., Nash, D. B., & Ransom, S. B. (Eds). (2014). The healthcare quality book: Vision, strategy, and tools. (3rd ed.) Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press. Retrieved from Trident Online Library.
Review Chapter 4, Quality Improvement: Foundation, Processes, Tools, And Knowledge Transfer Techniques. There are six approaches/models of quality improvement discussed in Chapter 4.
Create an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint (PPT) to discuss three of the six approaches/models of quality improvement discussed. Your presentation should address the following explicitly:
- Explanation and/or reasoning for the importance of using quality improvement as a health care administrator.
- The steps, stages, or processes of each selected approach/model.
- Example of health care administrator’s applicable use of each selected approach/model.
- Speaker notes, citations, and a reference slide are required.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support the information presented in PPT.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 2 references (you can use the book as one reference). Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/