Review your completed Week 1 and Week 2 assignments, and familiarize yourself with the DSM-5. Look up your selected psychological disorder in the DSM-5 (Schizophrenia) to determine the diagnostic criteria, as well as other current information and terminology, and use this resource as one of your references (be sure to use in-text citations for the information used).
Please be sure to use current terminology as described in the DSM-5 for neuropsychological disorders. This book is a manual of neuropsychological disorders and the diagnostic criteria needed to make the clinical diagnosis. This reference is used by mental health professionals and will assist you in your assignment this week, as well as all course work in this class. If your disorder is purely neurological, be sure to include current clinical guidelines, diagnostic criteria, terminology, and the neurobiology involved in the pathology, using current guidelines from the appropriate professional societies.
This outline is both an analysis of your topic.
For this assignment, you must:
· Complete and submit the Final Project Annotated Outline template
o Use the references that are applied below in addition to what you find for the annotated bibliography assignment. You may also use additional references as necessary.
Annotated Outline Template
· Must be a minimum of 2 double-spaced pages in length.
· Must use the provided template, which includes a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
· Must use the Final Project Annotated Outline template in the assignment instructions to create your paper.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must use the provided template, and for all sections include at least a two- to three- sentence description (use complete sentences). Do not simply write the heading and a few words of description.
· Must include in-text citations.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5®). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Pub.
Michel, N. (2016 , July 17 ). Etiology of Schizophrenia . Retrieved from Science Direct : https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/etiology-of-schizophrenia
National Alliance on Mental Illness . ( 2018 , December 9 ). Schizophrenia. Retrieved from National Alliance on Mental Illness : https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/schizophrenia
National Institute of Mental Health . ( 2016, February 13). Schizophrenia . Retrieved from National Institute of Mental Health : https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml
Weinberger, D., & Marenco, S. ((2015). Schizophrenia as a neurodevelopmental disorder. Schizophrenia, 326-348.