In this Discussion, you will select a clinic or community agency within the community. The organization you select must serve the needs of a vulnerable population group. Research the clinic or agency to obtain a clear idea of services provided and the specific population it serves. It is not necessary for you to make an on-site visit. However, you must cite the source(s) from which you obtained the information about the clinic or community agency.
Examples of clinical or community health agencies:
ParishesEmployee/Occupational HealthInfection Control in hospitalsPublic Health DepartmentRefugee CentersChild/Adult Protective ServicesSchool Health ClinicHospiceHalfway House: Drug Abuse, Prison, etc.Homeless CenterPublic Clinics: Pediatric, Psychiatric, OB, Geriatric, Migrant, etc.Rehab Program: Cardiac, etc.Shelters: Homeless, Women’s, etc.HIV/AIDS programs/clinicsVeterans’ agenciesAdolescent ProgramsGroup homes for MHMR clients, etc.Support groups for cancer, sexual abuse, etc. survivors
Research the selected agency, and using the following *headings, discuss:
- Name of agency and why you selected this agency;
- Brief history and mission of the agency;
- Target population the agency serves;
- Services and programs offered;
- What criteria (i.e. income, age, etc.) must clients meet in order to be served by the agency; and
- What you found interesting about this agency or helpful for you as a professional nurse.
- Cite and reference the information you report on, as appropriate.