Task Type: Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 2–3 pages
Points Possible: 100
Due Date: 7/21/2014 11:59:59 PM CT
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Not all countries have moved through all 4 phases of the demographic transition. You are a consultant for a developing country that is not yet in phase IV of demographic transition. In your own words, discuss the following:
· Define demographic transition.
· Describe the 4 phases of demographic transition, including if the population is stable, growing, or declining in each.
· According to demographers, what factors lead to a decline in the crude birth rates (CBR) and crude death rates (CDR) in the epidemiologic and fertility phases of the demographic transition?
· Briefly describe 3 living conditions or environmental impacts in developed countries that have reached phase IV, and contrast them with these conditions or impacts in developing countries that remain in earlier phases.
· Assuming that the demographic transition phase IV is a goal for developing countries, what 2 programs or initiatives would you suggest to assist them in progress toward this goal?