Like other products and services, health care products and services must be marketed to potential consumers. To do this effectively, health care organizations must develop marketing plans. These plans provide organizations and their leaders with common goals for their products and services. Moreover, by relating the marketing plan to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization, marketing plans become a tool in the strategic decision-making process. For the Final Project, you create a marketing plan for a health care organization.
Select one of the following case studies from the Learning Resources to be the focus of your Final Project:
- Philips Healthcare: Marketing the HealthSuite Digital Platform
- Thrive or Revive? The Kaiser Permanente “Thrive” Marketing Programs
- Castlight Health: Disrupting the Health Care Industry
- Carolinas HealthCare System: Consumer
- AIP Healthcare Japan: Investing in Japan’s Retirement Home Market
- Access Health CT: Marketing Affordable Care
- E-Cigarettes: Marketing Versus Public Health
Review the case study and consider how you might market the health care organization. For guidance on developing a marketing plan, refer to Chapter 15, “Marketing Planning” in this week’s Learning Resources.
In a 20 pages marketing plan, address the following:
- State assumptions
- Gather initial information
- Audit the market
- Determine the marketing strategy and business communication standards to be used
- Assess due diligence (any operational, financial, or human resources requirements needed to implement the plan)
- Set marketing goals and objectives
- Describe any benchmarks from other competitors or industries
- Prioritize marketing objectives
- Specify marketing actions
- Explain any global marketing issues in the marketing plan
- Specify any limitations to implementing the plan
Then, create either a slide presentation OR executive summary to present to the facility’s leadership.
- The 10- to 12-slide presentation should include presenter notes of 100- to 150-words per slide. Your presentation should summarize and defend your marketing plan. Be sure to use best practices of business communication.
- The 2-page executive summary should summarize and defend your marketing plan. Be sure to use best practices of business communication.