. Think about the process of moving from the identification of an unmet need through the development, implementation, and evaluation of a strategic plan.
- Reflect on the initial thinking about trends and unmet needs in nursing and health care that you addressed in Week 5.
- Consider how the information in this week’s Learning Resources deepens and expands your understanding of these trends and unmet needs in relation to the strategic planning process.
- Proceed with planning for your Course Project as follows:
- Select an unmet need that affects a specific group, unit, or organization.
- Deepen your understanding of this group, unit, or organization by examining the stated mission, vision, and values, if possible.
- Analyze historical data related to the unmet need, and review the evidence in the literature. Use this information to engage in forecasting.
- Consider which stakeholders should be included in the strategic planning process.
- Begin to formulate a vision for addressing this need at the organizational or systems level. (Note:Although not required for this Discussion, you will need to develop a strategic goal for your Course Project.)
Post an explanation of the unmet need that affects a specific group, unit, or organization that you would like to focus on for your Course Project. Share data from your historical analysis and forecasting, and identify stakeholders who should be included in the strategic planning process. Explain your vision for addressing this need at the organizational or systems level.