Enviromental science questions
1. Name and describe the properties of the three main components of soil texture.
2. What are the different layers, or horizons, that compose the soil profile? What makes each one distinct from the others?
3. What is meant by the mineralization? What causes it? What are its consequences for soil?
4. What is the impact of water and wind on bare soil? Define and describe the process of erosion in detail.
5. What are the major problems with placing waste in landfills?
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of WTE combustion?
7. Describe the materials that are recycles and how recycling is accomplished.
8. Discuss the attributes of successful recycling programs.