Increase in Environment Related Health Hazards in Recent Years
The study of environmental health is crucial to one’s understanding of the hazards and potential adverse effects posed by environmental agents and the extent to which environmental factors play a role in human disease. This foundation is essential for being an effective advocate for preventing environmentally caused diseases and for more advanced study of environmental health issues.
Using the Internet, research on the topic, “Health Hazards Caused Due to the Environment in the Recent Past.”
On the basis of your research and understanding of the topic, create a 3- to 4-page (except the title and the reference pages) Microsoft Word document that addresses the following questions:
- Discuss one type of environmental health problem that you have in your own community.
- Explain how you can determine whether you are exposed to increased levels of environmental hazards in your home.
- Identify and explain the types of associations found between environmental hazards and health outcomes.
- Explain a relationship between exposure to a hazard in the environment and degenerative brain disease, such as Alzheimer.
- Explain why children are more vulnerable to environmental toxins than adults. What types of policies are needed to protect vulnerable populations from environmental hazards?
Support your responses with reasoning and examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.