Family Support Assessment
Case management is useful in a variety of settings. You will be using the nursing process to conduct an in-home assessment in Sentinel City® to develop a plan of care for a family. The process of collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data from a variety of sources can help the nurse to gain an understanding of family strengths, values, and needs related to physical and social determinants of health to promote the health and well-being of the family unit.
Complete the Family Support & Home Assessment virtual simulation activity which can be found by clicking Enter Virtual Simulation.
Once you enter Sentinel Hospital
- Click BEGIN
- You’ll enter the lobby and be led to the hospital map
- Clicking SKIP will take you directly to map
- Select Location: Family Services Or SIMPath Competencies: Collaboration for Improving Outcomes
Once you are in the room, the Family Support Assessment Form will be available. Complete the Family Support Assessment Form by asking the client predetermined questions. When the form is completed, click Submit. Develop a Family Support Care Plan to address the needs of this family using your institutions’ care plan template or use this care plan template.
- Include a properly formatted community health nursing diagnosis that addresses either preschool age children, single mothers, or pregnant women.
- Increased risk of (disability, disease, etc.) among (community or population) related to (disability, disease, etc.) as demonstrated in or by (health status indicator, or etiological/causal statement).
- Example: Increased risk of obesity among school-age children related to lack of safe outdoor play areas for children as demonstrated by elevated BMI rates.
Reading and Resources
Chapter 16 pages 297-316, Chapter 23 pages 395-404, Chapter 20 pages 367-375, Chapter 26 pages 439-447 in Fundamentals of Case Management Practice.