For this Assignment, use the Dashboard located in this week’s Resources, to interpret the data and frame a nursing plan based on best practices.
- Review the Week 4 Resources that pertain to the NDNQI and use of dashboards
- Choose a Nurse-Sensitive Quality Indicator that needs improvement based on the data presented in the Dashboard.
- Develop a nursing plan that outlines suggestions on how to improve performance in the chosen area.
- Provide at least three best practices from evidenced-based literature to support your nursing plan.
I chose pressure ulcer rate.
List of Indicators
- Nursing Hours per Patient Day – Structure
- Registered Nurses (RN) Hours per Patient Day
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (LPN/LVN) Hours per Patient Day
- Unlicensed Assistive (UAP) Hours per Patient Day
- Nursing Turnover Rate – Structure
- Nosocomial Infections – Outcome
- Patient Falls – Process and Outcome
- Patient Falls with Injury – Process and Outcome
- Injury Level
- Pressure Ulcer Rate – Process and Outcome
- Pediatric Pain Assessment, Intervention, Reassessment (AIR) Cycle – Process
- Pediatric Peripheral Intravenous Infiltration – Outcome
- Psychiatric Physical/Sexual Assault – Outcome
- RN Education/Certification – Structure
- RN Survey – Process and Outcome
- Job Satisfaction Scales
- Practice Environment Scale (PES)
- Restraints – Outcome
- Staff Mix – Structure
- Percent Agency Staff
Reflect on how you would develop a nursing plan with suggestions on how to improve performance in the chosen area.
- Draft a 3- to 4 page paper analyzing areas where there is good performance and areas of opportunity from the sample Dashboard.
- Analyze the data provided in the Dashboard and select an area of performance that needs improvement.
- Include information on why this area was chosen.
- Develop a nursing plan that includes suggestions on how to improve performance on the selected indicator. Be sure to provide at least three best practices from the evidenced-based literature to support your suggested nursing plan.
Sample Dashboard is attached
Link for NDNQI information