Based on the feedback offered by the provider, identify the best approach for teaching. Prepare a presentation to accompany the teaching plan and present the information to your community. Select one of the following options for delivery of the presentation:
- PowerPoint presentation – no more than 30 minutes
- Pamphlet presentation – 1 to 2 pages
- Poster presentation
Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
- Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
- Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
- Environmental Issues
Complete the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal.” This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
- After completing the teaching proposal, review the teaching plan with a community health and public health provider in your local community.
- Request feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) from the provider.
- Complete the “Community Teaching Experience” form.
In 1,500-2,000 words, describe the teaching experience and discuss your observations. The written portion of this assignment should include:
- Summary of teaching plan
- Epidemiological rationale for topic
- Evaluation of teaching experience
- Community response to teaching
- Areas of strengths and areas of improvement
Sixty-two–year-old James White is accompanied to the clinic today by his wife and son. James has had increasing problems with his memory for the past several months and has rapid mood swings for no apparent reason. His wife says that “he’ll go outside in the garden without his clothes on, and his speech is difficult to understand.” His son reports that at times James flaps his arms a lot and notices that he is unable to cut his food or tie his shoes. James was diagnosed with heart failure approximately 6 months ago.
a. How would you explain to the White family what is occurring with James?
b. What treatment modalities would be appropriate for James at this time?