Write a 3- to 5-page paper (page count does not include title and reference page) that addresses the following:
- Describe a department or unit within a health care organization using systems theory terminology. Include a description of inputs, throughput, output, cycles of events, and negative feedback.
- Describe the problem you identified within the department or unit using an open- systems approach, and state where the problem exists using the systems theory model (input, throughput, output, cycles of events, or negative feedback).
- Based on this information, explain how you would address the problem as follows:
- Formulate a desired outcome.
- Identify goals and objectives that would facilitate that outcome.
- Translate those goals and objectives into policies and procedures for the department or unit.
- Describe relevant professional standards.
- Explain how your proposed resolution to the problem would uphold the organization’s mission and values and improve the culture and climate.
a) Write a paper (750-1,000 words) regarding the use of the Spearman rank correlation coefficient by Messina, et al. in “The Relationship between Patient Satisfaction and Inpatient Admissions Across Teaching and Nonteaching Hospitals,” listed in the module readings.
b) Comment on what variables were used; whether it answered the research question; and whether the Spearman rank correlation coefficient is appropriately used, given the requirements of the Spearman rank correlation coefficient.
c) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
d) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.