Familial Health Traditions
- Read and follow the directions on pages 160 and 161.
- Conduct an interview with an older family member.
- Summarize your findings regarding familial and social changes, and your ethnocultural and religiousheritage. (Include one example)
- Your paper should be:
- One (1) page
- Typed according to APA style for margins, formating and spacing standards
- See NUR3045 – Library (located on left-side on menu) for tutorial Using APA Style
- Typed into a Microsoft Word document, save the file, and then upload the file.
Students are required to maintain weekly reflective narratives throughout the course to combine into one course-long reflective journal that integrates leadership and inquiry into current practice as it applies to the Professional Capstone and Practicum course.
In your journal, you will reflect on the personal knowledge and skills gained throughout this course. The journal should address a variable combination of the following, depending on your specific practice immersion clinical experiences:
- New practice approaches
- Intraprofessional collaboration
- Health care delivery and clinical systems
- Ethical considerations in health care
- Population health concerns
- The role of technology in improving health care outcomes
- Health policy
- Leadership and economic models
- Health disparities
Students will outline what they have discovered about their professional practice, personal strengths and weaknesses that surfaced, additional resources and abilities that could be introduced to a given situation to influence optimal outcomes, and finally, how the student met the competencies aligned to this course.
APA style is required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines.