Fundamentals of Crisis Management
Case Study: Mini- Case – Scandal at Penn State
1) In a narrative format, summarize the key facts and issues of the case. (300 words)
2) Update the information in the case by researching it on the Internet. Focus your response on the specific issues in the case. (200 words)
3) Consider the impact of the Sandusky scandal on Penn State. What organizational functions (management, marketing, human resources, etc.) were affected by the crisis?
How were they affected? (200 words)
4) Who are the internal and external stakeholders? How were the stakeholders affected? (200 words)
5) Imagine you are a crisis management consultant called in to advise Penn State’s Board of Trustees after the scandal began. What steps would you recommend to contain the damage to long-term the university’s overall image and reputation? What factors should you consider and why? Please explain your reasoning regarding your recommendation. (200 words)