MSN degree need initial discussion to the assignment below 1-2 pages4 References one from Walden University LibraryDue tonight by 10 pm EST. Will pay 15.00$What were the skills required of nurse e
MSN degree need initial discussion to the assignment below 1-2 pages
4 References one from Walden University Library
Due tonight by 10 pm EST. Will pay 15.00$
What were the skills required of nurse educators yesterday, what are they today, and what will they be tomorrow?
Though nursing has long been a forward-thinking profession, there is much value in looking to the past to better build for the future. Examining societal, political, and global trends allows nurse educators to develop programs that will meet the needs of their future learners. In addition, taking time to consider the volatility of the economic landscape, as well as the swift changes brought on by technology and medical informatics, nurse educators can better prepare themselves to teach students, staff, and patients.
In this Discussion, you creatively and critically explore the evolution of nursing education and thus the evolving role of the nurse educator.
- Review Chapter 1, “Best-Laid Plans: A Century of Nursing Curricula” in the Keating course text. How has the nursing profession evolved in response to societal, economic, political, and technological factors? How has this evolution directly impacted the role of the nurse educator?
- Review Chapter 17, “Issues and Challenges for Nurse Educators” also in the Keating text. Consider how the issues and challenges of today’s nurse educators differ from those of past nursing educators. Then, imagine the issues and challenges that might arise for tomorrow’s nurse educators in both clinical and academic settings.
- Explore the website “Creative Writing Now” to review the parameters for writing a haiku. With this information in mind, write a haiku using the following questions as a guide:
- If the first line of the haiku represented the roles of past nurse educators, what five-syllable description would you create?
- If the second line represented the roles of today’s nurse educators, what seven-syllable description would you create?
- If the third line represented the roles of tomorrow’s nurse educators, what five-syllable description would you create?