- The written assignment this week is a nice change from an APA written assignment! This week you will be instead creating an ecomap, genogram and writing an analysis of the information. You will need to interview a family and then illustrate their interfamilial relationships as well as their external support systems and stressors by creating a genogram and ecomap. You will also analyze the ecomap and genogram.
- No title page is required
- Review the ecomap and genogram in the textbook in Chapters 12, 13, 14, and 15. This will be your guide as you create an ecomap and genogram similar to that based on your interviewed family
- Include a legend consisting of genogram and ecomap symbols as shown in the text
- Write an analysis of the family relationship based on the concepts from the text and outside resources. This is where your 4 references will be used.
- The genogram, ecomap and written information must all be in one document.
- Must include 4 references, 2 must be from course materials and 2 from peer reviewed references. We are aware in week 4 there is only 1 required/recommended reference, you will need to use the Kaakinen text and 3 additional peer reviewed references to meet the guidelines of the assignment
- Do NOT use journal articles with the key topic of how to create a genogram or ecomap. If this used it will result in point deduction
- Reference must be no older than 5 years (2014-2019) unless course material.
- This assignment requires you to interview a family, and then illustrate their interfamilial relationships as well as their external support systems and stressors by creating a genogram and ecomap. You will then analyze the ecomap and genogram.Objectives
- Demonstrate your ability to interview a family and analyze their relationships, support systems, and stressors.
- Describe both positive and negative relationships between family members.
- Identify nursing interventions and strategies that promote positive relationships and reduce family stressors.eferencesMinimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
StyleUnless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references. Click here to download the Microsoft Word APA 6th edition template. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 6th edition book as well before submitting the assignment.Number of Pages/WordsUnless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.
InstructionsTo be successful, complete the following steps in order:STEP 1. Review the instructional materials and finish learning activities in this module.STEP 2. Click here to download the rubric. STEP 3. Create a new Word document
- No title page needed.
- Review the ecomaps and genograms in chapter 12, 13, 14, and 15.
- Create an ecomap and genogram similar to that based on a family you interview.
- Create a legend consisting of genogram and ecomap symbols as shown in your text book.
- Write an analysis of the family relationship based on the concepts from your text and outside resources.
- The ecomap/genogram and the analysis with references MUST be in one document. After creating the ecomap/genogram on word, move cursor below it and type the analysis. Include reference page below analysis.
- Click here to download a sample ecomap and genogram with analysis. It is called Ecomap Genogram Relationship Assignment.STEP 4. Refer to APA book and rubric for correctly formatting the paper.
- Including intrudction and conclusion