1. Describe how each of the sense organs receives information from the external environment.
2. List and distinguish the different states of consciousness.
3. How is the brain structured and specialized?
4. Describe the variable ways that drugs affect consciousness and their neurochemical properties.
5. Compare and contrast nightmares and night terrors. Identify which one occurs during REM sleep and which one occurs during phases of non-REM sleep.
6. Why do millions of people abuse drugs despite the publicity regarding the harmful effects of drug abuse?
7. Our society makes a distinction between drugs such as alcohol and caffeine, which are legal to use, and others, such as marijuana and cocaine, that are not. Does this distinction make sense?