Philosophy of Nursing
Describe your values and beliefs about nursing. You may use “I believe…” statements that include your:
· Definition of nursing. (10pts)
· Assumptions (beliefs) about the interrelationships among: (10pts)
o clients (Who are they?),
o health (What is it?),
o nursing (What is it?) and
o environment (Where is nursing practiced?).
· Beliefs about the profession of nursing. (10pts)
· Significance of collaboration with other health professionals. (10pts)
Nursing as a career. Demonstrate that you have given thought to your career and explain the rationale for your decision.
· Inspiration from the past. (Who or what?)
· Define professional goals.
· Identify roles and responsibilities to advance the profession of nursing.
· How you will provide safe, effective care?
· How your academic preparation will facilitate your positive contributions to the health care system?
· Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, neatness, organization
· No more than 2 pages (excluding title page or optional references), double-spaced, 12 point font, 1” margins, APA format.
Paper 2 – Values and Empathy paper
Please respond to the two Scenarios in this paper (See the Answer format attached). Scenario 1: You are a new nursing studentwho has been hospitalized for injuries following a major car accident. Earlier today you were told the fracture in your right leg will require complicated surgery to repair and extensive rehab to recover. There is a question as to whether you will ever regain full use of your leg. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Tonight you are alone in your hospital room and the night nurse has just entered. What are your concerns when you reflect on this personal patient experience? What will your experience be like? Scenario 2: You realize that you share a different values system from the nurse. You reflect that this might be challenging for you as a nursesomeday. These values might be due to differences in lifestyle, cultural background, belief system, or attitudes about health care. Reflect on your own values and identify a personal value/belief that may become a conflict for you in delivering quality patient care.