- View the Practicum Project Plan (PPP) Overview document provided in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider the project planning guidelines included in the document as you prepare for this Discussion.
- Address the following to help you develop your plan for the Practicum Project:
- Review the scholarly literature, specialization standards, and/or regulatory standards that validate and shed light on your Practicum Project focus. Which professional organizations would you contact in relation to your topic? What regulatory standards would you address? As you proceed, you will continue to gather evidence from a combination of sources for your project as part of your written Practicum Project Plan.
- Identify the overarching goal for your Practicum Project.
- Consider how you can achieve your Practicum Project goal through the development and fulfillment of objectives. Based on your Practicum Project goal, develop two or three objectives that are specific, measurable, attainable, results-focused, and time-focused. Incorporate higher-order verbs from Bloom’s taxonomy (i.e., Application-level and above) as you create the objectives. You may wish to review last week’s Learning Resources related to developing objectives.
- Contemplate any questions or concerns you may have about your Practicum Project or the planning involved. What kind of support could your colleagues offer to help you move forward?
Note: Be mindful of privacy concerns as you engage in this and future Discussions. Do not identify any organizations or individuals by name.
Post on or before Day 3 a description of your proposed Practicum Project. Provide a brief rationale for your selected focus that incorporates references from the literature, specialization standards, regulatory standards, and/or other sources you have used to validate this project. Explain the overarching project goal, and list two or three measurable objectives that will help you meet the goal. Also, share any questions or concerns that your colleagues may be able to help you address as you proceed with planning for your Practicum Project.
The Practicum Project Plan is a scholarly proposal for your project. Over the next few weeks, you develop elements of your plan and then integrate these elements in a 4- to 6-page scholarly paper.
Refer to the Practicum Project Plan (PPP) Overview document provided in this week’s Learning Resources, for details about this assignment. Be sure to consider the project planning guidelines included in the document as you proceed with the development of your plan.