This assignment enables the student to meet one or more of the following Course Outcomes depending on the topic selected.
CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
CO2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care. (PO2)
CO3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes. (PO3)
CO4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO4)
CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
CO 6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO6)
CO7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse sensitive outcomes. (PO7)
CO8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO8)
· Robotics in Healthcare (CO5, CO8)
1. You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper on Robotics in Healthcare.
2. Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic. Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general and nursing care in particular.
3. Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources. The course textbook does not qualify as a scholarly source. Cite all sources in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
4. Provide one example of this topic. Describe the main features or aspects of the example with support from your sources. If you haven’t used this before, think of how this could benefit clinical practice.
5. Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving healthcare or when you were providing nursing care. Relate one positive aspect or one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved. If you haven’t used this before, think of how this could benefit clinical practice.
6. Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic, the purpose, and how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
7. Use the APA template above to develop your paper. Use APA formatting.
8. The length of the paper should be a maximum of 4-5 pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. There should only be one small quote maximum in the paper. Citations should primarily include summary and restatement.