Course Project, Transcultural Assessment, Milestone 2: Guide and Questions (graded, 200 points) Updated 9/2018 Purpose The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply
Course Project, Transcultural Assessment, Milestone 2: Guide and Questions (graded, 200 points)
The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by performing a transcultural nursing assessment. The purpose of Milestone 2 is to develop an assessment guide utilizing open-ended questions that will encourage participation by the individual.
The completion of the Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
CO2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO3)
CO4: Perform a culturally competent nursing assessment. (PO3)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 2 is worth 200 points of this total.
You are to submit your completed NR394 Milestone 2 by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 4.
Requirements and Guidelines
1. Review the Course Outcomes for this assignment, which are listed above.
2. Review the best practices in Introduction & Resources and Course Project Overview in Canvas.
3. Research your individual’s cultural background prior to developing questions. Think about the impact the culture of origin has on the individual’s physical health; that is, what illnesses and conditions are prevalent in this culture? What are commonly held beliefs about health in the individual’s culture of origin that could influence the individual’s perception of healthcare and health practices in the current culture/community?
4. Refer to Appendix A in your text and select five (5) categories upon which you will concentrate for your assessment guide and questions. Thoroughly review each of the categories, and think about your individual.
5. Develop an assessment guide and questions with specific initial and follow-up questions. Include questions that reflect a thorough understanding of the categories (Appendix A) that you selected about the influence culture may have on the individual’s health and well-being.
6. Review the Differences Between Closed and Open-Ended Questions document (Links to an external site.). Use the suggestions as you formulate/propose your initial and follow-up questions.
7. Download the Milestone 2 assessment template (Links to an external site.) embedded in these guidelines.
8. Fill in information using the template. This does not require APA formatting; however, you are expected to write clearly and use proper grammar and spelling. The template is expandable to accommodate your typing.
9. Submit the completed template to the Milestone 2 assignment page by Sunday of Week 4 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
10.Prior to submission of Milestone 3, revise the Assessment Guide and Questions based on instructor feedback.
Note: Do not schedule the assessment to occur until after midnight on Friday of Week 5 to allow your instructor time to grade this Milestone unless you have obtained special permission from your instructor. Do not perform the assessment until after midnight on Friday of Week 5 for the same reason. If the individual’s schedule requires that you conduct the assessment before this day and time, consult your instructor regarding early submission of Milestone 2 (Assessment Guide and Questions) to ensure that you receive comments and incorporate revisions/suggestions in your assessment. Make sure you obtain your instructor’s permission before proceeding.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics (Links to an external site.) on this page.
Note: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.