Write a 1-page overview of your topic selection for the course project. Include at least one research source in your paper and cite it in a References page at the end in APA format. As in all writing assignments, follow standard mechanics in writing, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
Your project for this course is to develop a paper that provides an overview of how technology has been used to improve medical care. You have a choice of two options for this project:
Option 1 – Pick one or two of the medical specialties listed below. Research how different forms of technology have improved medical care in those specialties.
These medical specialties include:
- Allergy and Immunology
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Clinical Biochemical Genetics
- Clinical Cytogenetic
- Clinical Generics
- Clinical Molecular Genetics
- Medical Genetics
- Neurological Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Radiation Oncology
- Vascular Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
Option 2 – Select an area of Health Information Technology (Laboratory, Rehabilitation, Psychiatry, Home Health, Long Term Care, Nursing Homes Administrative, Radiology, Clinical Trials, Public Health, Prison System, Dental, Telemedicine, etc.) and research how that area uses healthcare delivery and health information technology. The areas of Health Information Technology include:
- Home Health
- Long Term Care
- Nursing Homes Administration
- Clinical Trials
- Prison System
Your final project is due in Module 10. There will be individual assignments along the way. The module they are due is noted in the time line below.
You will write your paper based on an option selected and approved by the course faculty member. This project requires the use of at least sixreferences other than your textbook. The required length of the paper is a minimum of 6 pages with a maximum of 10 pages. These pages do not include the cover page and the reference page. APA formatting is mandatory.
As you write, keep the following in mind:
- Use clear, concise, complete sentences, transitions between paragraphs, and standard mechanics in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Use reliable sources on the Internet, your college’s Online Library, or from your own local library. Use in-text citations in the body of the paper.
- Compile all your research references on your References Page. Follow APA format for citing your research sources. For APA guidelines, go to your college’s online library which you can access through the Resources tab.
Each assignment leading up to the final assignment is evaluated and graded independently. Your instructor will provide specific grading criteria for each step of the project prior to its due date.