In May 2011, President Obama held a press conference to inform the nation that Osama Bin Laden had been killed and his body seized by U.S. Armed forces. In some minds, this event provided justice for the attacks of 9/11; for others, the fear of threat increased. Review the post-event speeches by President Obama, located at http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/02/remarks-president-osama-bin-laden, and CIA Director Leon Panetta, located at https://www.cia.gov/news-information/press-releases-statements/press-release-2011/justice-done.html.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain in your own words the message of each speech in terms of the future.
- Analyze each speech to consider whether it was one of victory or one of realized risk.
- Determine whether you think the killing of Bin Laden has lowered or raised the fear of terrorism in most U.S. citizens.
- Give two (2) examples illustrating how killing Bin Laden has affected al Qaeda.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.