Please help with homework
Health Care Research
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research the two major study designs–cohort and case-control–used in health care research. Find a research article on any topic in health care.
Based on your research, please express your views on the following:
- Which study design has been used for research?
- What is your learning from the chosen article and its study design?
- Is the design selected for the research, best for this particular study? Why or why not?
In addition to the above, your response should also include answers to the following questions:
- Although cohort studies are very powerful, case-control studies tend to be more popular. Do you agree with the statement? Why or why not?
- How does the cohort study design differ from the case-control study design?
- What is essentially the main use or purpose of the cohort study design and case-control study design?
- When it is best to use the cohort study design and when is it best to use the case-control study design?
- What characteristics of cohort study design make it important in health care research?
- Cohort studies can be retrospective or prospective. What makes a cohort study retrospective or prospective?
- please cite sources