WHICH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHEMICAL REACTIONS REPRESENTS THE BODY’S PRIMARY METHOD OF ENERGY STORAGE.
1. A friend is concerned because her doctor told her she would be more likely to lose weight by eating regularly and not skipping meals. However, when she eats breakfast, she is always hungry long before lunchtime. When she skips breakfast, sometimes she is not even hungry for lunch. You have just learned that skipping a meal slows the body’s metabolic rate. If metabolic rate is slowed, weight loss is slowed. Therefore, you tell her that she is more likely to lose weight by eating four to six small healthy meals a day instead of eating only one large meal. In other words each time your friend skips a meal (stimulus), the metabolic rate slows down ( response), and the individual is less hungry (stimulus is magnified). This case study exemplifies homeostasis by:
b. negative feedback
d. positive feedback
2. Which one of the following chemical reactions represents the body’s primary method of energy storage.
a. The production of lactic acid from the breakdown of glycogen
b. The production of ATP from ADP molecules and phosphates
c. The production of ATP from lactic acid
d. The production of ADP from the breakdown of ATP and phosphates
3. Which statement below best supports the theory that all human cells contain a nucleus
a. The genetic code (DNA) is stored in the nucleus
b. Centrioles required for DNA cell division are stored in the nucleus
c. Ribosomes necessary for translation of DNA are stored in the nucleus.
d. Cellular division and and growth occurs in the nucleus.
4. Human beings are made up of roughly 75 trillion cells. What two processes are primarily responsible for turning one single cell at conception into a human being?
a. Mitosis and differentiation
b. Mitosis and meiosis
c. Mitosis interphase
d. Mycosis and mitosis
5. Which answer below lists the four main tissue types in the human body?
a. Squamous, columnar, stratified, cuboidal
b. Connective, adipose, epithelial, glandular
c. Connective, adipose, epithelial, nervous
d. Epithelial, connective, muscle, nervous
6. Which statement below best describes the relationship between body tissues and membranes?
a. Body tissues function independently, but membranes do not.
b. body membranes combine to form tissues
c. Body tissues combine to form membranes
d. Body membranes are made up of cells, but tissues are not.
7. Which one of the statements best describes the difference between the nervous system and the endocrine system?
a. The endocrine system produces changes in the body’s internal environment that are long term, while the nervous system produces a more short term changes.
The post WHICH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHEMICAL REACTIONS REPRESENTS THE BODY’S PRIMARY METHOD OF ENERGY STORAGE. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.